Tuesday, January 27, 2015

SKIMMING TEST OF RECOUNT TEXT




Mata Pelajaran            : Bahasa Inggris
Kelas                            : X (Sepuluh)

Direction
1.      Write your name and class on the answer sheet.
2.      Read each question carefully.
3.      Choose the correct answer by crossing a, b, c, or d  on  the answer sheet.
4.      Keep the paper clean

Read the text  to answer question number 11-15
On Saturday morning at 9:30, I was walking down Sunda Street, looking for a record store. A man stopped me and asked me the way to the Hyatt Hotel. I wasn't sure exactly where it was, but I walked with him to the end of Sunda Street. He was very friendly, and his face looked so familiar. Then I remembered where the Hyatt was and told him how to get there. He thanked me and tried to give me something. I thought it was money. I said 'no' at first, but he really wanted me to have it, so I took it.

I found the record store and listened to a few records. D' Masive had a new record that was number two in the top twenty. I decided to buy it. I looked in my bag for my wallet and found a piece of paper the man gave me. It was a photo. I was so surprised! He was a singer in D' Masive!
1.      What is the purpose/ social function of the text above?
a.    To amuse / entertain the readers and to tell a story
b.    to retell something that happened in the past
c.    to describe a particular person, place or thing in detail.
d.   to presents information about something, as it is.

2.      What kind of the text above?
a.    Recount        c. Narrative
b.    Explanation  d. Descriptive        
3.      What is the topic of text?
a.    Meeting with D' Masive
b.    Meeting in sunda street
c.    Meeting a star
d.   D' Masive concert

4.      Most events mentioned in the text happened in….
a.    Store         c. Sunda street
b.    Hotel        d. Hyatt Hotel

5.      The text above is about….
a.    Meeting a star in record store
b.    D' Masive in record store
c.    Sunda street
d.   the writer  experience met a star

1 comment:

Panduan menggunakan Appsheet untuk orang awam

  Penulis:  Bard (large language model from Google AI), 3 Juni 2024 AppSheet adalah platform pengembangan aplikasi tanpa kode (no-code) yang...